Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Face of Terror: The Persian Empire



I hate to diverge from my money making thoughts into an area I have no expertise in, but I need to vent. Oil has remained higher than I expected maybe due to geopolitical issues, whatever the reason weakening demand should push down oil service providers I can go purchase some particularly PBR and SLB. But I am very upset at the media's coverage of the aftermath of the Iranian elections. I have seen protest pictures and in no way do I condone violence against peaceful protesters. When the results were announced, I was not shocked to hear that the incumbent president won. Listening to NPR, I heard Iranians who supported him and felt that falling oil and the United States were the culprits of the weakened economy. however, my outrage comes as politicians voice there disgust and anger about how protesters are being attacked by government forces. I can recall other countries where government forces attacked their citizens peacefully protesting. To keep my post shorter I will focus on the United States. Throughout the Civil Rights movement, African Americans were hosed, beaten, attacked by dogs and jailed for peacefully protesting. So, while I hear journalist and politicians scream they have never seen any human rights violations this egregious, they quickly forget that for more than a decade the same violence was taking place in their backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment